my fashion diary.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snowstorm Barbie


I can still hear my little footsteps running through the house to wake my big brother. He had no idea about the winter wonderland outside. I remember watching Home Alone, sitting by the fireplace, & mixing 2 packets of Swiss hot chocolate into one cup. Snow days were almost equivalent to Christmas as a child. But as an adult with bills, a job, and children to take to school- Everything has changed. I wanna feel the magic but my efforts are destroyed by my 2-page to-do list. I've been a well-oiled machine all year and then here comes the snow toying with my deadlines & quotas. That trip to the bank, canceled! That meeting with the new client, canceled! Catholic schools are closed & so is my office. But in the midst of the storm, something special happened. Family Night! My fiancé, the boys, & I watched Home Alone. It was cool hearing them laugh at the burglars getting hit upside the head with paint cans. (Lol) I even enjoyed those sneaky little hands reaching into my personal bowl of popcorn. We even played in the snow after taking some quick photos for my blog!


I felt like such a Barbie with my fur vest & hiking boots. I threw on a waist-belt over my vest to create that hourglass shape we all love so much.








Appreciate your forced time-outs. God is protecting & preparing you for your next phase. Reflect. Check on family & friends. Help shovel someone's car out. Clean off your own. Cook. Laugh. Read. Pray. Meditate. Exercise. Rest. Research. Blog. Prepare for the rest of the week. Be happy that you aren't out there stranded on the roads. Be glad you are alive!

I hear an ice storm is coming to the NJ/NY. Be safe! Thanks for reading!

-C.B.B.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment